Locomotive, diesel, GE Dash 8-40C, CN #2017 - DCC/sound
- Pre-order only. You may be charged a deposit.
First built for Union Pacific in the late 1980's by General Electric, the DASH 8-40C diesel locomotives were identified by an enlarged exhaust stack and the mounting of the dynamic brake grids in a square-like unit behind the cab, which housed an enlarged equipment blower fan. These six-axle, 4,000 hp engines are still in service today in North America.
- Ditch lights (8-40CW only)
- Number boards, sand fill hatch, and marker lights where appropriate by railroad
- Realistic die-cast underframe
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Coupler pocket designed to accept AccuMate® Proto-couplers
- Highly detailed coupler cut bars
- Multiple unit hoses and trainline hoses
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Separately-installed scale windshield wipers, metal grab irons and fine scale handrails
- Directional lighting
- Painted crew members
- Snowplow and piping on trucks
- Recommended minimum radius: 22”
Atlas Master™ Series Silver Additional Features:
NMRA 8-pin plug for DCC (Decoder-ready)
Atlas Master™ Series Gold Additional Features:
ESU Sound equipped
See the "Manufacturer" page for general delivery and pricing information.
Pre-orders are being taken (you may be asked for a deposit).